Sunday, December 12, 2004

Scotch..

I have recently become somewhat enamored with Single Malt Scotches. Now I now this will come as even more of a surprise when I tell you my heritage is Scottish.
Questions I alway get..
  1. Yes, I own a kilt.

  2. It's none of your business if I go Regimental under my kilt.

  3. Yes, I am a member of a Clan.

  4. Yes I have competed in the Highland Games, (including the tossing of the log. It's called a Caber, and it is MUCH tougher than it looks.)
Way off track.

What I would like to do is spark a little conversation regarding the benefits/downside to Single Malt Scotch, and what brand of Scotch you prefer.
At this point in time, I am rather fond of Single Malts. I started with Glenlevit, but recently got to sample a dram or two of Glenfiddich Special Reserve, and may have found a new favorite.

So, what's your choice, Single or Blended?
Scotch or something else?

5 comments:

Rescue Mike said...

KOOL-AID, We're Kinsmen! I'm a MacLaren as well! My Brother! Well, clearly I am talking to the right person about scotch. OK, Loch Dubh and Abalour? I will have to go shopping then! Thanks!

MacLaren's.. Here's ta' us... Wha's like us?

Baby Chicken said...

Koolaid, you should see his tattoo (the clan badge). Maybe when he gets home I will hold him down and snap a picture of it. Which highland games do you go to? There is one down in Portland that we have been to, and we met other kinsmen at the games in Kelso.

margilowry said...

I just want to explain right here and now that I DID tell him your name -- lest you think we don't talk around here. I blame Blogheimers. He forgets some things. Heh.

We are going to have to plan a get-together, I see. :)

Tom said...

How about Maker's Mark? A double, perhaps. On the rocks...

CF

Anonymous said...

Lagavulin 16 is my personal favorite... a bit expensive any more.
Oh, Lagtime here! stumbled over a lovely picture of the Ruger Mini & followed a trail of Pin ups over to this topic...

Clan Mackenzie here... cheers!