So this is the M240G. This little honey is being brought into service by the US Marine Corp to replace the aging M60. Some quick specs:
- Manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing, Inc.
- Length: 47.5 inches (120.65 centimeters)
- Weight: 24.2 pounds (10.99 kilograms)
- Bore diameter: 7.62mm (.308 inches)
- Maximum effective range: 1.1 miles (1.8 kilometers) on tripod mount
- Rates of fire: Cyclic: 650-950 rounds per minute Rapid: 200 rounds per minute Sustained: 100 rounds per minute
- Unit Replacement Cost: $6,600
Here is some relevant data on the 240G:
A similar version of the M240, the M240G, is the standard US Marine Corps medium machine gun. The Marine Corps is replacing the M60E3 with the M240G. The ground version of the M240 allows for a common medium machine gun throughout the Marine Corps. The M240G Machine Gun is the ground version of the original M240/M240E1, 7.62mm medium class weapon designed as a coaxial/pintle mounted machine gun for tanks and light armored vehicles. The rate of fire may be controlled by three different regulator settings. The M240G is modified for ground use by the installation of an "infantry modification kit," comprised of a flash suppressor, front sight, carrying handle for the barrel, a buttstock, infantry length pistol grip, bipod, and rear sight assembly.
Enjoy! Hope I pissed off some whining, cry baby, gun fearing wussies with this!
I am resonable sure this is the correct 240.. Here is a picture (usmc.mil website) of some Marines
And HERE is a link to MORE pictures of Marines having a good time playing with their BIG toys!