Saturday, December 11, 2004

Weddings..

Having been married for the better part of a decade, I tend to forget how special my wedding day was. Today I helped a friend (who is a professional photographer) by running the video for a wedding he was doing. He set everything up, all I had to do was walk around with the second camera and shoot video of anything that was cute, romantic, or sentimental. It was a blast!

In the middle of the ceremony I realized that this groom was truly in love. A little history.. This guy (groom) played college baseball, and apparently passed on the chance to play in the Pro's. The bride was in track and field. So here is this big strong guy, reciting his vows, and he looks over at his bride and asks, with tears streaming down his face, "Do you remember that night I told you some bad stuff I had done in my life, and you said you loved me more than ever? I knew at that moment that I wanted to be with you forever."

I almost cried, except it would have screwed up their video... So I just stood and thought how lucky I am with my own bride. Even with the bad things I have done, she loves me. What did I ever do to get that lucky?

D & J, Congrats! Here's wishing you a long and happy life together!

2 comments:

Tom said...

but did you get paid?????

CF

Baby Chicken said...

I have a check (two of them actually) in my hot little hands. I'll let you know if they clear...