Sunday, April 24, 2005

Weekend..

Sorry about the little sabbatical.. The wife starts a new construction project tomorrow, (Monday) and will probably be working about 60+ hours a week, 6 days a week. That on top of MY busy schedule, means we won't see each other till about September.

We had these GREAT plans to go away for Memorial Day Weekend... Camping with two other families.. I just checked the schedule at the station, and I have to work. Joy.

Went to the Extra Large, Super Scary, Loop Hole Gun Show this weekend. I had a whole laundry list of things I needed. Five .50 Cal ammo cans, three cases of MRE's, and some lead ball ammo. However, as I moved around, I notice that some of the usual vendors aren't there.

Hummm..

As I move along, I suddenly notice a military deuce and a half. (Like I said, it is a big show.)

What the hell?

Not Only that, but they brought in a humvee, and some HUGE articulated truck with bridging on it. So, apparently, some of the vendors got the boot to make way for a huge static display the Army put up. Now I don't begrudge them a little space for a display, but DAMN! On a bright note, the Army did have a Browning M2 and a MK19 on display for us to play with!! I think the MK19 may just be our PIG pic!

I couldn't find the ammo cans, or the ammo. And MRE's were about $3 more per case, not including the $20 to park and get in.

I have to work tomorrow, but the Pin-Up is ready and waiting to be posted, so watch for that!

Have a great Monday!

No comments: