Thursday, April 21, 2005

PIG Pic..

I have a list of firearms I am going to buy over the next couple of years. Since I have such a love of history, it will come as no surprise that one of them is the famous Colt 1873 Single Action Army Revolver.

From the Uberti website:
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal," was an Old West saying referring to the Colt .45 "Peacemaker." When the 1873 Single Action Army (SAA) hit the market, the U.S. Army purchased 93,000. Custer's troops at the Little Big Horn were armed with the new revolvers and lawmen and outlaws alike were quick to adopt the new six-shooter.

The Uberti "Colt 1873" (they call it the Cattleman) SAA specs for my dream gun:
  • Caliber: .357 Mag
  • Barrel Length: 4-3/4"
  • Total Length: 10 1/4"
  • Weight: 2.0 lbs
  • Cylinder: 6 shot, fluted
  • Grip: One-piece walnut
  • Finishes: Case-hardened
  • MSRP: $410

I am in love..

Original Colt SAA revolvers are $1000's of dollars, so I think this "accurate reproduction" will work just fine!

No comments: