Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ongoing..

Well, my Part Time Firefighter test went even better than I could have hoped. Out of 35+ people there (38 I think..) they took the top twelve on to the physical. I made the cut. SO, my physical consisted of:

  • 25 Push-ups (Not timed)
  • 30 Sit-ups in 1 minute
  • 12 Minute stair climb with structural firefighting helmet and SCBA pack
  • 16 Foot ladder placement (Place it on an apparatus, then take it off and place it on the ground)
  • Blacked-out SCBA Search
  • 75 Foot aerial ladder climb
  • 200 Foot equipment carry (Carry a Circ Saw and Chain Saw 200 feet)
I passed all this, so I moved on to the Oral Boards.

At the Oral boards, the questions were good, I felt I had good answers, and the board seemed pleased. So, I will find out Friday, when the hire list is posted. Keepin my fingers crossed! If I don't make it this year, I will definately try again next year. Truth be told, I didn't expect to make it out of the written test!

Wednesday! Hump day! It's a downhill slide to the weekend!

No comments: