Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Home Again..

Another shift in the books..

I am always so tired when I come off shift. We didn't have any calls last night, but the sleep you get is never really sleep. At least not restful sleep.

We spent most of yesterday getting our "Terrorism Awareness" class done. It took about 5 hours, but we hammered it out, another certification for the ole Curricula Vitae. Then we went over to one of our other stations for our monthly OTEP (Ongoing Training and Evaluation Program) for the EMT's. Last night was Altered Mental Status and Diabetic Emergencies and CVA (Stroke). They had a scenario set up that went like this.

We get tapped out for an "Unknown Problem" at the Police Dept.

It is only a block away, so we drive up. There is an officer waiting for us. He describes an arrested individual who became belligerent, and then violent. All this time, there is a string of profanity coming out of the station, from one of the cells. You could also hear the person banging their head against the wall.

So, we enter, and the officer opens the cell, and there is a handcuffed Division CHIEF! Damn! He proceeded to assault us with a string of "Damn", "Shit", and "Fuck You's" that would make a sailor blush. Needless to say, it was a very realistic drill. They had him done up with make-up to appear very pale. His shirt was all sweaty, and he had a bloody nose. Very well done! I enjoyed it! ( I know, I'm weird, Thanks for noticing!)

I found this on Firehouse.com, a firefighter website. Go check 'em out.

I test tomorrow with another Fire Department, it's a part time position, but hey, money is money! Everybody wish me luck. They are doing the written test first, those who pass immediately do the physical. This is followed by the Oral boards if you pass the physical. Should make for a long day, I hope!

So, I hope you will understand if there are no posts tomorrow!

2 comments:

TheBitterAmerican said...

I hear ya, Mike. I did a 6p-6a Saturday into Sunday. Didn't roll the truck all night, but I was exhausted when I got up the next morning.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about natural treatment for depression. I also have a site about natural treatment for depression which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!