Saturday, January 15, 2005

So my Search and Rescue Team had training this morning. As I left the house, I about fell on my ass right outside the front door, EVERYTHING has a sheet of ice covering it. No problem, I have a big 4x4, with nice traction tires, and chains, (as if I'd need 'em!)

So, I head out. I got about two miles from the house, and noticed a yard sale, ON THE FREEWAY! Somebody rolled their SUV, and all their belongings that were in the car, are now scattered on the road. What's worse is, the wreck was so bad, it ripped the tires off the SUV. Not wanting to be part of the problem, I stopped long enough to make sure everybody was OK, (they didn't want my help as it turned out,) 911 had already been called, so I got the hell out of there! There was nothing I could do but be part of the problem!


Weather is rarely like this here, so very few people know how to drive in the ice and snow. How do you tell people that the WORST thing they can do is push harder on the gas when it's icy! All this does, is make you wreck faster!
Oh well...
Job Security is a wonderful thing...

Oh and by the way, we cancelled training for my SAR team.

No comments: