Friday, January 14, 2005

Every Firemans Dream..

I don't know of a single firefighter who doesn't think about, even hope for, the chance to break out some morons windows when he parks in front of a hydrant. We have to do this. We need to be able to run our 5 inch supply from the hydrant to the engine, so the hose crew can go spray water. Our engines only carry about 750 gallons onboard. (That's enough for about 4-5 minutes of water on the nozzle end.)


Yes, this actually happens. Yes, we could go under the car in some cases. However, in some cases, there is just no other choice. I personally would never do something so blatantly evil and mean spirited.... OK, ya I would, and I'd enjoy it to! Firefighters (at least the few I know) just have this weird talent with breaking things. Don't ever take one of us into a china shop, good grief! So, when the opportunity presents itself for one of us to break things ON PURPOSE, whoa, it's GAME ON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! That's my car!
Kidding. I'd love to do that, too. And for no godd reason, either, Just to be an ass. At least you have a good excuse.

CF