Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Funny Story..

OK, I must be glutting for punishment. As if I haven't had enough abuse regarding my Dead Goblins posts, I am posting* a story here about a man, his 30-06 and a bank robber.


Nearly 36 hours after sheriff's deputies and officers began a manhunt for a Portland bank robbery suspect, an unemployed plumber caught the man and held him at gunpoint Wednesday night.

"I asked him what he was doing, and he said his truck broke down and then he kept walking. I told him 'I didn't think so' and that he better get down on his knees or this thing's going to go off. I meant business. I kept him down until the sheriff got there.

So, a guy holds a 30-06 on ya, oh ya, I'd get on my freakin knees too! The funny part is that his mother was ready to back him up with her pistol! Now I DO NOT advocate going out and trying to stop a fleeing felon. As the article says, the suspect DID has a 9mm handgun. This could have gone real bad, real fast. But our hero got lucky, (who was it that said "I'd rather be lucky than good?") and the bad guy gave up. All is well that ends well!

UPDATE: Turns out this bank robber may have been involved in a couple of other robberies too!


*Posting means I am merely listing the story on my Blog for my own/your amusement and/or comment. It DOES NOT mean that I support or encourage the behavior in the article. Please, let us be adult about this!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Yea, verily, you are a glutton. Check the last post with 13 comments or so. I had to comment as well.
Keep the posting up, and know that I appreciate it. Probably because I know I've got the intelligence to not shoot the messenger, and to take things in context.
See ya soon.

CF

Tom said...

I really like the guy's comment in the article:

"I've been brought up that when you pull a rifle on someone, you better mean business. I hope it's the only time I have to do this."

I may have to call this guy If I ever need plumbing work.

CF