Monday, December 20, 2004

Another Firefighter Out..

Yes, our Fire Department just lost another firefighter.. To illness this time. Yes, I tested POSITIVE for Strep Throat. So, I am considered contagious for the next 2 days, which just adds to the Chief's scheduling problems. I also am working on a big project, which I wanted finished by FRIDAY, and is now delayed until after Christmas. GREAT. I spoke with my Division Chief on the phone, and his comment was, "Great, you got sick just in time for Christmas."

While at the nurses station, she asked me if my kid has had Strep lately. I replied "No, my wife did." Nurse smiled, then asked the dumbest question ever. "So do you know how you got it?" I replied, "Ummm... Ya, 10 years of marriage, we still kiss, and umm... Stuff!" She got a funny look on her face, and said, "Ya, I guess that should have been obvious! Sorry!"

So, look out! I am likely to be bored and posted all sorts of ridiculous crap on here!

BTW.... THANKS BABY CHICKEN!

On a brighter note, I received a letter in the mail Saturday.

From: City of ######
Bureau of Human Resources

Dear Rescue Mike
Your written test for the Firefighter EMT/Paramedic has been scored.
We are pleased to inform you that you have qualified for admittance to the interview phase of the examination for Firefighter EMT/Paramedic.

Etc, etc, etc.. YA HOO!
Hopefully I will do well enough on the interview to go on. Physical, psychological screening, and placement on the hiring list, waiting for my academy class!
More on this later! Enjoy your Monday! Only 4 days and change left to go!

2 comments:

TheBitterAmerican said...

Congratulations, Mike!

Anonymous said...

way to go, ya show off!

cf