Friday, July 15, 2005

IV's and Stuff..

So I have been asked what I am doing at the ER all the time. Long of the short.. I am getting my EMT-Intermediate certification, (like a Paramedic, without the lobotomy,) and have to have a certain number of patient contacts and IV starts. Unfortunately, I am a white cloud, and when I am there, nobody sick comes in. So, my last rotation, I got 1 whole stick... Freakin Great.

Hope Friday is gonna be better, Final Exams are next week!

I called the State today to find out about my Firefighter I test results. They are still a few weeks away. Great. Chief is doing interviews NOW and may not do them again this year. I can't interview until I KNOW that I passed the test. It's all scored and just sitting there. They just won't tell me Yea or Nay, freakin bureaucraps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

IV tech = Paramedic without the lobotomy? Rude!

Anonymous said...

IV tech = Basic who knows too much?

TheBitterAmerican said...

Lobotomy? Hey! I resemble that!

Actually,..I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Is that anything like:

volunteer = real firefighter with a lobotomy?

TheBitterAmerican said...

Hey Mike,..can you start an IV on "anonymous" and give him/her a bolus of humour???

Anonymous said...

he could, but since humour would be a med, he would need one of those "lobo-medics" to do it!