Saturday, November 13, 2004

World War II Buff..

So I am a BIG time World War II buff. I love the weapons, the equipment, and the history. Even the women of the time are beautiful! (Maybe a new weekly post? Pinup of the week?) Time were simpler, and I think, slower. People took their time creating things. People CARED! More to the point, a persons WORD really meaned something.
I Digress.
So, the 40's. During this time, a Nation called out to it's citizens, and they answered!

This is MY favorite WWII Poster!

If you are wondering what prompted this little blub of useless chatter, blame the damned History Channel. They aired a bunch of WWII shows last night.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love old posters like that, and I've actually shot an M-1. The History Channel is a great thing to have.

Rescue Mike said...

I bought my M1 Garand this Year, I absolutely love it! It is a pleasure to shoot, it is powerful, and it OOZES history! I just sit and think about my grandfather carrying one in the Pacific Campaign on Okinawa, or my Great-Uncle in Italy in 1944. Oi.... I wish I could ask them more stories, they have both passed on, but they, like our Boys in Iraq and Afganistan, were TRUE HEROS!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm a true marion daily republican

I am sure that the readers of your blog
are interested in reading about
marion daily republican

Here's the website where they can!
marion daily republican