Sunday, November 07, 2004

Confirmation!

OK, so throughout this last election, the media did their absolute best to bash President Bush, distort the facts, make false accusations, and generally do everything in their power to influence the public, in order to get THEIR candidate, Sen. John Kerry, elected. This was never so obvious, as when Dan Rather used forged documents to slander President Bush, and make libelous comments. His defense was, at first, that HE KNEW the documents were real. Later, it was not his fault, but a fact checker that worked for the news agency. During the investigation that followed, various people accused the Media of trying to influence the election. These accusations were continually rebuffed, and we were told that the media was impartial, and a lot of the reporters LIKED President Bush.

OK, so tonight, the wife and I are watching some shows we taped. After they were over, I ejected the tape, only to see Andy Rooney's face on the screen. He was doing a quick commentary on the election. He talked about how sorry he felt for the loser, describing how he lost the big game in High School and various other anecdotes.
HOWEVER, tonight, on the Sunday Edition of 60 Minutes, Andy Rooney, is quoted as saying:
"Television did a good job Tuesday night, I thought. I know a lot of you believe that most people in the news business are liberal. Let me tell you I know a lot of them, and they were almost evenly divided this time. Half of them liked Sen. Kerry; the other half hated President Bush."

(emphasis mine)
No shit! HELLO!?! Does anyone else find the comments from this worthless excuse for a human being to be just a little, um, I don't know, CORRECT? Yes, correct! We finally have confirmation that the media is, just as they were accused of being, BIASED! The media has finally ADMITTED they, not only supported John Fuckwit Kerry, but HATED Bush! Now HATE is a very strong word. (Momma taught me that it shouldn't be used!)
What makes this worse, is that he goes on to claim that he wants to get over this "...Viciously divisive election campaign we had. " Yet he continues with comments like:


"I think we're all glad this is over, though. The losers are usually civil about it. Kerry called Bush and congratulated him. The loser doesn't really mean it, of course but it's nice of him to do it. "
AARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Jesus Christ in a Dress People!! WHAT THE FUCK!
Go READ, the link is to the ACTUAL CBS transcript. If after you've read it, you are not as OUTRAGED at the media as I am, then hey, you probably voted for Kerry!

PS. Forward this on to EVERY person you know that voted for Bush, let's hold these shitbags accountable!

1 comment:

margilowry said...

I'd love to tell you I'm surprised, Mike. Unfortunately, I am not. Andy Rooney fell off the intelligent wagon quite a while ago. In fact, I can't believe that CBS keeps him on air. He's sliding into some sort of dementia, apparently. *snicker* Of course, half the CBS "news team" (most importantly the 60 Minutes crew) have been around since God was a baby, so hopefully someone will buy a clue and start hiring some "fresh" talent.

I ain't holding my breath for it, personally.