Thursday, November 04, 2004

Today's PIG Pic..

Well Kids, today, for show and tell, I brought out the beautiful, Winchester Model 94. Ain't she purdy? This Rifle is chambered in 30-30 Win. Which is sufficient to dispatch any mammal on the North American Continent. The Barrel is only 20" long, so don't expect to make any 300 yard shots with this! However, it only weighs about 6.5 pounds, so the weight is very manageable. Stocks are American walnut, with no checkering. (This no-nonsense look has great appeal to me. I don't know why, just does.) The best part? New from Winchester, they run about $375 - $400. Used is about $250. Nice.

Winchester Model 94, Traditional

So, If you are looking for a nice little rifle, to have and to hold, I would highly recommend adding one of these to your collection.

*Photos were shamelessly stolen from Winchester.

2 comments:

dzane said...

I have owned a Model 94, .32 Winchester Special since I was 13, and it is still one of my most highly prized posessions. I recall paying $86 for it brand new and that included a box of shells, one of which was used the next afternoon to tag my first deer. Both of my sons took their first deer with that rifle, and I carried it just last October on a highly successful mule deer hunt.It is a great rifle!!

Anonymous said...

Ah.... I'm not so sure the 30-30 is something I'd use against any of the large bears. Probably not against a moose either. Of course I suppose you could file the front sight off first--so it wouldn't hurt so much when the bear shoved it where the sun doesn't shine.