Friday, February 18, 2005

The Good Guy's Die Too..

One of the Blogs I read on a daily basis is Kim DuToit's. For the last year, Kim has made it his personal mission to help support two Snipers from Ft Lewis WA that he met over at the Boomershoot last year. He personally raised about $5,000 to buy 2 new scopes for their rifles. He Raised another $3,000 to buy them TOP OF THE LINE WEB GEAR. These brave boys were deployed to Iraq last year. So, now he routinely sends them $300- $600 care packages. Their names are Walter and Adam.

As the wife and I sat and watched the news last night, the local station did a story on a local boy, an Army Sniper, named Adam, who was killed in a bombing in Mosul. I was frantic. I sat down and quickly tapped out a message to Kim. Here is what I wrote, typo's and all:
----- Original Message -----
From: rescue_mike
To: Kim DuToit
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 12:30 PM
Subject: Walter and Adam
Kim,
I live in the Pacific NW, just south of Ft. Lewis, Washington. In the news this evening, we heard reports of a local based Army sniper named Adam who was killed in an attack. My wife and I are both copncerned. Please, please please tell us that this is not the same Adam we have been reading about.I know you're busy, but thanks for looking into this.
http://www.koin.com/news.asp?ID=1319
Rescue Mike and Wife
******, WA
I came home this evening and found this in my inbox:


From: "Kim du Toit"
To: rescue_mike
Subject: Re: Walter and Adam
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:24:07 +0000
Mike,
Yes, I'm afraid that Adam Plumondore is the "Adam" in the Walter-Adam Fund. I'm trying to deal with this, as I write to you.
Kim

Folks, this boy gave his life for us. I don't even know where to begin. He didn't know me. But he gave his life to protect us, to protect OUR FREEDOM!

Below is a picture of Adam withthe new scope Kim bought him, freshly mounted on his rifle. I just hope he got to put it to good use.




God Speed Soldier. Thank You for Keep My Family and I safe. Rest in Peace..

1 comment:

Tom said...

God Save him and all like him who gave the ultimate gift. Remember what Col Grossman pointed out in the Bible? How David fought many battles and found favor with God? I like to think the same of this young man. I regret he got the chance to get the message face to face with the Big Man so soon.


CF