Saturday, December 04, 2004

Why the fire dept?

I had somebody ask me the other day, "Why aren't you a police officer instead of a fireman? You're such a gun nut!"

Well, first I don't consider myself a "nut". Second, I have a very logical reason, I don't like being shot at! OK, look at it this way:
A fire truck rolls onto a scene. Everybody is like "Hurray! Firemen!" Kids shout "Fire Trucks!" Girls gush "Ohhhh.... Look at the firefighters!" (alright, allow me my fantasies..)

Next, a squad car rolls onto the scene. EVERYBODY says "Ahh shit, it's the cops!"

This is why the Law Enforcement Officer deserves more credit than we do. They truly have the shit detail. Those guys see EVERYBODY at their worst, firefighters only see ya if you're sick or hurt or something is burning. One of my best friend's in the whole world is a cop, (Peaches!!) and I'll tell ya, I wouldn't want his job. (Gawd Love Ya Peaches, cause nobody else will!)

So, when you see Officer Friendly, Thank him for doing a good job. And next time you get pulled over for speeding, why don't you try being a little nicer to the cop, and not some much of a righteous asshole. Remember, it WAS YOU who broke the law.

No comments: