Saturday, December 23, 2006

Karma..

So about 7 or 8 months ago, my backpack I carried EVERYTHING in went missing. I chalked it up to some young punk breaking into my Jeep, and snagging it.

Contents were more of the sentimental value, rather than monetary value.

However, 2 of the items were my Hewlett Packard 48gx Graphing Calculator, and my Wiley X Sunglasses. Those items I truly missed. I had that calculator all through college (all 7 years) and I loved it! Damn kids.

Fast forward 8 months.

Tonight I get a phone call..

Caller: "Did you loose backpack?"
Me: "YES!!"
Caller: "What does it look like?"
Me: "Blue and Black."
Caller: "What's inside it?"
Me.. Well, you get the idea.

Turns out, this guy found it on a freeway overpass, 8 months ago, threw it in his truck, and forgot all about it.

It must have fallen out of my construction truck during the period this summer when I was working nights..

So, I drove north and met him and got back my long lost pack, all the contents just as they were 8 months ago.. I thanked him profusely over and over, wished him a Merry Christmas, and gave him a nice finders fee.

On the way home, some drunk asshole nearly ran us off the freeway.

Just goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished.
Freakin Karma..

No comments: