Friday, May 20, 2005

Pin-up..

So I decided to post another Pin-Up today to make up for the one I didn't post last week..
Although, I have drifted away from the 1950's Pi-ups for a bit, I do this for good reason today. May I present, Ms. Charlize Theron.

Hubba hubba! Look at those eyes!


Look at those... Um... Ya!
Anyway, I really had no idea about Charlize, so I did a little research. Here is what I found.

Charlize Theron was born on August 7, 1975 in the small town of Benoni in South Africa. She was the only child of Charles and Gerda Theron, two South African farmers who also ran a road construction business. Growing up on this farm allowed Charlize to learn parts of many languages -- an article in 'Vanity Fair' indicated she knew parts of 28, with Afrikaans being her first. At the age of 6, Charlize took up ballet and quickly proved to be skilled. She would soon be invited to dance professionally in Johannesburg in South Africa.

In 1994 Charlize was "discovered." This happened when an L.A. bank teller refused to cash her out-of-town cheque because she did not have an account at the bank, she threw "a little tantrum." This tantrum was witnessed by a talent manager. He called this screaming, arm-waving tantrum-thrower a "vision" and immediately asked her "I don't know what you do, but if you're interested in acting, here's my card."

Initially skeptical of the card, she was informed by a friend that John Crosby was legitimate. Of course, with no money or job, she was definitely interested. This proved to be rewarding with some minor roles, but it was until she had an audition for a Tom Hanks movie that her career would take off. Upon the completion of her audition, Tom kept raving "She's got it! That girl is going to be somebody."

And that's the rest of the story..

No comments: