Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Little Accident..

Well.. My first injury as a firefighter. It is the nightmare of every wife, who's husband is a Police Officer, Firefighter, or Soldier.

You are sitting there with the kids, playing, and the Chief's/Commander's car rolls up. Or you're sound asleep and the phone rings at 2 am. Your husband has been injured..

Ya, it ain't that bad. (Thank Goodness.)

I WOULD LOVE to say I got hurt rescuing some kids from a burning building, but..

It ain't that cool.

I whacked myself in the head doing a demo for some kids. I knew it hurt, but didn't figure it was much of anything. Maybe a little red mark, or a VERY small bruise. When I got done with the demo, the Medic looked over at me and whispered, "Dude, you're bleedin."

Umm, Could ya excuse me for a minute?

Nice little laceration on the upper right forehead and a little goose egg to go with it. Joy. It took longer to do all the paperwork for an on-the-job injury, than it did for it to stop bleedin. However, it still hurts!

My son asked me this morning when I got home from the station, "Daddy did that happen when you saved a little kid from the fire?" I just said, "Na.. Momma hit Daddy with a stick!" He seemed satisfied with that answer.

Hope your Monday was better than mine..

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hmmm. Shades of "I can run 20 miles without stopping!"
"You're bleedin'"
"Shit"

I don't suppose you ended up w/ a yield sign in your spleen, did you?

Hope you're ok!