Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Work and stuff..

It has gotten COLD! I woke up Monday morning and it was 28 outside! Everything was coated in a thick sheet of ice. As the ice was being scraped from the windshield, the thought occurred to me, "I bet we'll have a nice car accident call to go on today!" Well, we got one. 10 minutes after shift started, a 7 car accident on the freeway. We arrive, and it looks like Saturday night at the Demolition Derby. Get this, all the cars managed to make it to the side of the road, no significant damage (except to one car,) nobody got hurt, and we were back in quarters with 25 minutes! Gotta love those calls!

Other than that, I sold all my reloading equipment. It has sat in my "armory" for the last couple of years, I have only used it about 12 times, and I get ammo for about the same price I can manufacture it myself, without the work. So, I traded a guy a new rifle for it. Works for me! Only problem, the rifle was only worth a couple hundred, so he got my equipment and bench, not the 15,000 brass I had to go with it. Anybody wanna buy some 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp brass? They are sorted, ready to be cleaned, make ya one helluva deal!

My resolutions this year?
  1. To test for a full time firefighter position as often as I can.
  2. To actually make my eye doctor's appointment and go, (I need new contacts.)
  3. To try at least 2 new single malt scotches.
  4. To buy my chanter, and sign up for some bagpipe lessons.
What can I say, I am pretty un-imaginative. Those really are my goals! Especially the bagpipe thing. I have wanted to learn the pipes for the last 10 years. I love the way they sound, (does that mean I'm naturally tone deaf or something?) and with my Scottish heritage, it kinda fits. Besides, it will annoy my loud-obnoxious-screaming neighbors.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Same here. I want to learn the 'pipes as well. I will have to settle for another instrument of torture, the banjo.