Wednesday, January 05, 2005

PIG Pic..

There are several things that every home should have. One of these is love. Another is a .22 rifle. These are just plain FUN to shoot! The ammo is cheap, (about 500 rounds is $7.00!) and they are perfect for shooting rabbits, squirrels, and, last but not least,the deadly and elusive Coke cans!

The arguement between a bolt action or a semi-auto has raged on for years. I have the solution. Buy 'em both! (You like that? I am going to Palistine next, see if I can settle that one too!) My choice for the semi-auto? The Ruger 10/22.


Ruger started making the 10/22 in 1964, and has since, made about a bazillionof them. What's more, there are more after market products out for it than there are stars in the freaking sky! They are easy to work on, SIMPLE designs, function flawlessly, inexpensive, and damnit, they are just FUN!

A new rifle will run you anywhere from $200-$400 depending on the model. OK, time for the specs from Ruger, (these are for my stainless model, just so ya know:)

Gauge/Caliber: .22 LR
Capacity: 10 Rounds
Finish: Stainless
Stock/Grip: Black Synthetic
Barrel Length: 18 1/2"
Rear Sight: Adjustable
Other Features: Cross Bolt Safety
Suggested Retail Price: $304.00
Miscellaneous: All Weather Full Contour Synthetic Stock

I love it. Oh, and just so you know I practice what I preach, here is my bolt action .22!

No comments: