Thursday, April 14, 2005

The wake up call..

0300: Pager goes off. By a fluke, I just happen to be awake. As I am walking over to grab it, I am thinking, "Boy, somebodys gonna be pissed that they got woke up at 3am!" I was, of course, assuming it was a tap out for the fire department. Wrong.

"*SEARCH* Missing 9yo boy, Team leaders call dispatch immed."

Well, the page was for me, DAMN!

We spent all night, and morning looking for this young man. I had to leave at about 9 this morning, as the next shift of searchers was coming on. They just issued another page for searchers to be back at search base at 1700 hrs for another shift change. Not happy. We did a rough search of everything within about a mile, but looks like we may have to expand our search. Ugh.

Here is another story on the initial search efforts.

So, the PIG pic may be a little delayed, however, as I mentioned in the previous post, "These things we do, so that others may live."

Wish us luck, I think we are going to need it..

UPDATE: He has been found, safe.

No comments: