Thursday, July 07, 2005

July 3rd Festivities..

As I promised, here are some pictures from our Family Fun Shoot on July 3rd. It was a combo Anniversary celebration/4th on the 3rd Party for the Firearms school we attend. They opened up almost all the shooting bays for us to use, and we got in LOTS of practice. There were about 50 people there.

The first pic is of me and the wife. She is shooting her Ruger Mini 14 for the first time. She said she'd keep it! It's shorter stock really worked well for her, and if you will notice, she shoots lefty, so brass deflection is a big deal for her!

The second pic is of a couple of the AR-15's that were lined up on the racks, waiting to be shot. Actually, mine (second from the right) is up there to cool down! I took turns shooting that and my Garand.


The next pic is of me, shooting my beloved M1 Garand. I brought a full case of 30-06 ammo to put through her. I am soooo in love with that rifle. I don't know what it is about her, but she is just so.. Perfect! The action is smooth, the sights are accurate, the whole package is just so.. PERFECT!


This is a picture of Peaches, AKA acrunchyfrog, shooting my baby! Yes, I trust him to shoot her. This is one guy I trust with my life. I would go "through the door"* with him any day.

This last pic is from the shoot off at the end of the day. The object was to shoot 5 steel plate as fast as you can. My time of 3.45 seconds turned out to be the fastest of the day. So, I won a $275 gift certificate for any 2 day rifle, pistol, or shotgun class. Since I already have my Handgun Master Certificate, I gave the certificate to my wife. She REALLY wants to take more classes. Now she can!


There are other pictures, like the cub (son and heir) shooting the Ruger 10/22 and the Single Six .22, but we'll save those for another day.

As for life here, the wife passed her big huge 8 hour test, so she is now a licensed Professional Engineer. I took MY big huge test(10 hours) for my Firefighter I Certification, and hope to her about that in the next couple of weeks. I am also in school to get my IV Therapy Technician Certification, which will upgrade my EMT-Basic to an EMT-IV, and hopefully help me get hired. I am currently 3rd on the part-time hire list for my Department. Eh, we'll see..

Other than that, hope everybody is good! I haven't even had time to check out other blogs, so I have no idea how ANYBODY is doing... Guess I should check!

Happy (belated) Independence Day, everybody!

* "Through the door" is a tactical phrase, used to describe making a dynamic entry into a hostile structure. The doorways are always the most dangerous point, because they are a pinch point, you are exposed, and usually back lit. You really have to trust the guy you are going in with, and know he has his shit together. Saying you'd go through the door with someone is a big deal, it means you really trust them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back; you've been missed!!!

Stu