Sunday, November 14, 2004

Weekly Pin-Up

Alberto Vargas is arguably the undisputed (you like that? Nice eh!) King of the Pin-up era. His art was feature in New Yorker Magazine, Playboy, and a host of others. His ladies are even re-created on our warplanes today! These beautiful, voluptuous babes remind our "Boys" what they are fighting for back home. I like em just because they are GORGEOUS! These girls have SHAPE! They have CURVES! Real women should have CURVES! Women these days are so concerned with looking like a twig, they start looking like 12 yo boys! A women is NOT supposed to be a waif! They are supposed to be soft, and curvy, and YUMMY!
OK, I digress, again! I stole this image from the guys over at historicwings.com. They have got lots of WWII and current noseart! Like this!

Nose Art of WWII
Oh Ya. That is exactly what I am talking about! Curves, Hips, Garters, Oh My!
That's about a 9.0 on my babe-ometer. (My wife is a 10.)

6 comments:

Baby Chicken said...

Thanks, babe! XOXOXO

margilowry said...

Veddy nice!

If my memory serves me, the musical group I idolized in high school (The Cars) coaxed Mr. Vargas out of retirement to do the Candy-O album cover. I'll have to do some checking on it to be sure. . .

Oh, and thank you for your comments on women and shapes, from a woman who would be more at home in a Pre-Raphaelite painting than an ad for The Gap. =)

Anonymous said...

You dont play halo because you fucking suck

Rescue Mike said...

Ah, I never said I didn't play, I simply said I didn't play that night! I also believe I said that I wasn't a fanatic like some of the people who REALLY get into the game.

Rescue Mike said...

Margi, I bet you're beautiful! To tell the truth, I have yet to see a 'Gap' ad that has truly beautiful women in it! They're all freaking waifs!

Red said...

Amen! I collect pin-up art (as a woman, no less!) and constantly strive for the pin-up look. All curves, all sex appeal. Corsets, garters, the works!

Always good to find a like mind!